Rising 10th, 11th, and 12th graders:
Seeking to develop your leadership skills? Apply to:
Posted on January 7, 2020
The purpose of Youth Leadership Wake Forest is to conduct an annual leadership training program for high school students who have demonstrated some leadership abilities which will, in turn, develop a group of informed, committed and competent youth motivated to learn more about our community, to assume leadership roles in our schools, and to become more involved in our civic, cultural, economic development, and philanthropic organizations and groups. Youth Leadership Wake Forest is a program sponsored by the Wake Forest Area Chamber Foundation. All funding for this program comes from grants, sponsorships, and individual donations. Students participate for free.
The goal of our youth leadership program is that every young leader in the Wake Forest Area will be able to:
· Develop stronger leadership skills through a robust curriculum taught by skilled facilitators
· Identify their strengths and weaknesses and learn goal setting principles
· Complete a community project
· Gain an awareness of the need for community service, civic participation, and philanthropy
· Interact with adult leaders in business, non-profits and public sectors
· Acquire a network of adult and youth leaders in the Wake Forest Area, which can form an excellent basis for their success in the work and college world
· Attend Wake Forest High School, Heritage High School, Wakefield High School, Franklin Academy, or Rolesville High School or attend another High School including homeschool associations but leave in the 27587, 27614, or 27571 zip code
· Be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior (2020-2021 School year)
· Have a minimum of a 2.0 (or C) grade point average
· Complete a Youth Leadership Wake Forest Online Application and interview with a panel
· Provide at least three references: (2) from school and (1) community member. Two references must be from a classroom teacher, and the other references may be from a coach, principal, pastor, work boss, community member, and/or Youth Leadership Graduate.
Applications will begin being accepted on January 27, 2020 and the deadline for all applications will be February 28, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
An application link will be found at https://wakeforestchamberfoundation.org/programs/youth-leadership-wake-forest/ All Applications should be submitted online via the link when it becomes available. If there are any questions regarding the application please email email@example.com.